The Knight-Hennessy Scholarships at Stanford University offer master's degrees for young talent. Every year up to one hundred (100) high-performing students, independent thinkers, with great leadership and civic guidance; will receive funds to pay for graduate school.
The program invites you to develop leadership and communication skills to achieve creative solutions to complex challenges.
Also, the areas of knowledge available are: arts, education, engineering, humanities, social sciences. But besides, business, law or medicine.
What's Stanford looking for in a fellow?
The university is looking for people who:
- Have freedom of thought: mental sharpness, passion for new ideas, creativity, and that, you can maintain a contrary point of view.
- Leadership with purpose: having ambition (in the best sense of the word), disposition at risk; self-aware and persistent.
- Humble, inclusive personality, respecting differences, who cares about helping others; and have low ego.
Admission at Standford
Separately and as a second step, you must apply for admission to the graduate program you want.
Each of the programs offered has different dates and conditions of presentation.
A scholarship applied directly to cover tuition (according to the standard level of departmental enrollment) and associated fees.
A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as lodging and food, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
A travel stipend intended to cover an economy class ticket for an annual trip to and from Stanford.
These are the requirements to apply for
People who earned a bachelor's degree in 2014 or later will be eligible. In that sense:
- Citizens from anywhere in the world can participate. The aim of the call is to invite the best students in the world, regardless of the country of their origin.
- In the event that the bachelor's degree is from a country other than the United States; you need to have an equivalence. This refers to a prestigious university and/or institution.
The app will be done online, directly in English (listening, reading, speaking and writing) to study at Stanford. The minimum TOEFL score for most graduate programs at Stanford is 100iBT or 600PBT. In addition, the program accepts IELTS and PTE.
- Vitae Curriculum. Specifying your background and intellectual, personal, and professional accomplishments. It is recommended to write one page for each decade of experience.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. Be sure to select two people who know you well, who you trust, and who help you succeed.
- How have the influences in your life changed you?
- How will you follow the vocation of your life? How will your experience with Stanford and your experience with Knight-Hennessy Scholars support this?
- Essays must be one thousand (1,000) words together.
- Answer three (3) easy questions:
- Name eight (8) unlikely facts about you.
- Also, when you made someone proud of you, you had the greatest challenge and when you didn't manage to meet expectations.
- List three (3) goals you're currently working for.
- Presentation video. However, it does not last more than two (2) minutes.
- In-person interview.