In order to promote the professional of the media to pay greater attention to the contribution of the Spanish University to the economic and social development, the CYD Foundation has convened its IV journalism award, with the following bases:
– eligible for the IV CYD Foundation Award for journalism any Spanish media professional, they are daily or magazines, agencies information, radio or television and on-line media, both national and regional or local broadcast.
– The prize will be awarded to that or those professionals who have reported and reflected in the best way, in the opinion of the jury, the contribution of the Spanish University to the economic and social development in the development of their work activity. The prize may not be declared void.
– The endowment of the prize is € 18,000.
– Proposals for nominations may be submitted by the interested professionals themselves or third parties; and must be accompanied by the reasons in which is based the proposal, stating the full name with your contact details: address, phone number and email address. The jury may also take into consideration candidacies that, having not yet been tabled, gather sufficient merit in his opinion.
– Proposals for nominations shall be forwarded, no later than December 31, 2012, at the Fundación CYD (Pl. Francesc Macia, 4, 08021 Barcelona; email@example.com), explicitly stating IV Prize CYD of journalism. The works presented must have been published between November 1 and October 31, 2012.
– The jury will be integrated by professionals and personalities from the fields of communication, academic, business and institutional. The ruling, which is final, will be announced no later than February 15, 2013. The awards ceremony will take place in the course of a public event, to be held before March 31, 2013, and which will be duly announced.