Sponsored by the Government of Mexico through the Ministry of Culture and the National Fund for Culture and the Arts, it convenes institutions and groups to nominate candidates for this year's edition.
The National Prize for Arts and Literature will be awarded to those who, for their research and/or teaching work, contribute to the cultural development of Mexico.
The contest is divided into the following categories:
Linguistics and Literature.
History, Social Sciences and Philosophy.
Popular Arts and Traditions.
The awards of this edition consist of:
- A gold medal law 0.900. In the case of a natural person, a rosette will be added.
- A diploma signed by the President of the Republic.
- The amount of MXN $823,313.95.
- Distinction as Creator Emeritus to the National System of Art Creators, which operates the National Fund for Culture and the Arts, FONCA.
Only one winner will be awarded per category.
These are the requirements to apply for
They may participate:
- They stand out in one of the selection fields.
- They have not received the National Prize for Arts and Literature previously, in the same field of participation.
Winners will be chosen by a jury.