The national student Ph.d. Scholarship foreigners without permanent in Chile residence aims to provide financial support to students of excellence to start or continue studies aimed at obtaining the academic degree of doctor of programs taught by Chilean universities, for a maximum period of four years from the start date of the program of studies and accredited in accordance with the law No. 20.129in order to strengthen research in science and technology in all areas of knowledge.
the duration of the scholarship of national doctorate for foreign students without permanent residence in Chile will be a annual, renewable up to a maximum of four years as from the date of entry of the / from the internship to the doctoral programme, subject to the condition of permanence of scholars in the respective program.
the annual renewal of the scholarship is subject to the accreditation of the academic excellence of the internship and their permanence in the respective study program, as well as the presentation to CONICYT of documents mentioned in the bankruptcy rules.
who have postulated as a student at regular a doctoral program, only may receive benefits scholarship for the time remaining to complete the four years, always beginning on the date of admission to the doctoral program.
overview benefits associated with doctoral studies:
– allocation of annual maintenance for a maximum of $6.921.600, paid in monthly installments.
– annual allocation to payment of the tariff and/or registration of the / of the scholar, for a maximum amount of $2.250.000.
– monthly allowance for each child under 18 years of age equivalent to 5% of the monthly maintenance of the / the intern a.
– mapping by concept of coverage of health for a maximum annual amount of $407.880, or the proportion which corresponds in the case not to complete the year.
– In the case of pregnancy, the trainee may make use of an extension of the assignment of maintenance by concept of pre and post natal, for a maximum of six months in total.
scholarship is aimed at foreigners without permanent residence in Chile, with the following requirements.
– Possess the degree of Licenciado/a, granted by Chilean higher education institutions or foreign, with a minimum of 8 semesters attended school.
– Accredited academic excellence with at least one of the following requirements:
• having obtained an average finish of undergraduate or above 5.0 on a maximum of seven (7.0) or its equivalent; Alternatively,
• be within 30% higher in the ranking of undergraduate.
– Found in formal nomination process, supported / or have the quality of regular student in a doctoral program accredited in accordance with the law No. 20.129 and taught by a Chilean University. Be applying formally implies that the background of the applicant were reviewed and accepted by the doctoral program and are in the process of assessment, which must be certified by a letter of the program in question.
closing of nomination online: Tuesday 11 December, 2012, 14: 00 hours. (Chilean continental time).
closing reception of letters of recommendation: Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 14: 00 hrs. (Chilean continental time).
queries via platform OIRS: until Tuesday, November 27, 2012, at 14: 00 hours (continental Chilean). After this date and time, the consultations received from the / the applicant will receive in response a message which will indicate that the period of consultations of this contest has finished.