Academic and professional researchers are convened by the MAPFRE Foundation to participate in its program: Aids to Research Ignacio H. From Larramendi.
This call is offered annually in homage to those who in life were founders of the MAPFRE Foundation, and the main driver of all the machinery of the organization.
On this occasion, the Foundation will allocate up to thirteen (13) research aids, in order to provide financial support to projects focused on the areas: Health Promotion and Social And Safe Security.
About the MAPFRE Foundation
With the creation of the MAPFRE Foundation, the lawyer and entrepreneur, Ignacio H. De Larramendi, wanted to promote the conservation of the cultural and intellectual heritage of Spain, Hispanoamerica, Brazil and Portugal, as he was a strong defender of culture in general.
Since then, the MAPFRE Foundation pursues the following objectives:
- Promote people's social security, from their heritage to road safety, health and preventive measures.
- Improve quality of life.
- Spread art, letters, and culture.
- Promote training and research development in areas related to insurance and social security.
- Help the least-favoured sectors of a society, improving their economic, cultural and social conditions.
The professional in charge of the research project that has benefited from the MAPFRE Foundation, will receive the amount of:
- Health promotion: 30,000.
- Insurance and Social Prevention: 15,000.
It should be noted that if requested by the principal investigator, the aid may be granted directly to the institution to which it is attached, or where the project is being carried out.
Duration of profit
Research aid lasts twelve (12) months from the date of acceptance.
These are the requirements to apply for
The Program Aids to Research Ignacio H. De Larramendi, is aimed at academics or professionals from all over the world, dedicated to research. And also that they want to carry out projects related to the areas:
- Health promotion.
- Insurance and social security.
These projects can be presented independently, or as attached to hospitals, universities, research centers or companies.
Thematic lines of research
All research should be guided from two (2) key approaches:
- Health promotion, issues related to:
- Patient education.
- Tactics for changing or improving habits: promoting physical activity and spreading the prevention of diseases such as obesity.
- Health management.
- Awareness about bodily harm.
- Insurance and Social Security – The challenges of the 21st century:
- Social security.
- The insurance.
How to apply for research grants?
Those who wish to obtain the financing should perform the following steps:
- Enter the Degree or academic certificates; that is, scanned copies of them.
- Explanatory, original and unpublished memory, describing the research project. This report will be made according to the Foundation's staff, available on its website, with an extension of at least eight (8) to twelve (12) pages maximum, Arial font, size 12. In addition, it must contain the following sections:
- Objectives and justification of the project.
- Methodology used.
- Experience of the group of researchers.
- Schedule and stipulated budget.
- Synthesis of the previous sections, written in English, with an extension of between two (2) and four (4) pages.