The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights of the Organization of American States (OAS) presents a scholarship that will allow young Latin American professionals to work in that organization. It is a scholarship awarded as part of the project: "Combating Discrimination and Violence against Women and Girls in Latin America and the Caribbean". It will be conducted with the support of Global Affairs Canada.
The scholarship is a unique opportunity to work together with the Coordination of Follow-up Recommendations of the Executive Secretary of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.
Documents to apply for
To apply, it will be necessary to:
- Written work of maximum five (5) pages. It should deal with a subject that is interesting to the young professional. It should be related to the follow-up to the recommendation of the inter-American system of human law or international organizations. It will be written in English and Spanish, in equal parts.
- Cover letter where you can enter your application.
- Two (2) academic or work-class letters of recommendation.
- Language knowledge certification.
- Copy of title and qualifications during the college period.
To start the process, you must register in the United States.
Upon completion, successful fellows will receive a certificate of participation.